The Jeweled Throne
Each entity (PC or NPC/Monster) will be assigned Action Points based on their INT and DEX as follows:
|INT + DEX||AP|
|12 or Less||1|
|For every additional 12 points||+1|
To perform an action in combat, you must spend an action point. Actions include attacking, parrying, etc. The defender will subtract 30% per subsequent parry after the first.
Weapons will be given a size category from the following list: Small, Medium, Large, Huge, Enormous.
Parrying will be affected by weapon size as follows:
- Parrying an attack with a weapon or shield of equal or greater size deflects ALL damage.
- Parrying with a weapon or shield of one size less only deflects HALF damage.
- Parrying with a weapon or shield of two or more sizes less fails to deflect ANY damage.
If an attacker rolls critical, one of 3 things can happen:
- Defender doesn’t parry or fails his/her parry so takes the hit.
- Defender successfully parries and doesn’t roll critical. The defender takes only normal damage (NOT double) but their parrying weapon is broken.
- Defender successfully parries with a critical roll. The defender takes NO damage and BOTH the attacking and parrying weapons are broken.